Navigate Latin America Market Opportunities for Singapore Tech Companies
18 Sep 2020 | Fri | 8:00am
Singapore and Latin America have enormous growth potential in the digital economy. Each region shall benefit from each other and creating value in each others' economies.
Singapore is well-positioned as a tech ecosystem with funding available, progressive regulation, large talent pool and entrepreneurship. Singapore held a significant number of tech companies with proven solutions/products in the Southeast Asia region that could be deployed to other latitudes like Latin America.
Connectivity is the cornerstone for the development of a digital economy. Latin America is a region highly connected to the Internet, either by SIM connection with 644 million users representing 102% penetration rate and more than 326 million of Internet mobile users representing 52% penetration rate (according to GSMA).
Latin American countries share some similarities with Southeast Asian countries in the level of needs of innovation. Latin American companies and governments are actively seeking solutions and innovations to improve the quality of life and improve business processes. Several sectors require optimisation by adopting digital innovation, and Singapore counts with several solutions that could be "tropicalised" to Latin America.
· Welcome: SGTech x Latin Business Chamber
· Overview of the Business Landscape in Latin America
· Sharing on the Tech Projects Opportunities
· Opportunities in Mexico, Fintech, Argentina and Brazil
· Panel Discussion
· Mr Saw Ken Wye, CEO, CrimsonLogic
· Ms Angela Torres-Andresen, Executive Director, Latin American Chamber of Commerce
· Mr Esteban Velasco, CEO & Co-Founder, SEMPL
· Mr Mario Buenrostro, Business Process Advisor
· Mr Benjamin Lai, Regional Director Tech in Latin America, Enterprise Singapore
Register for this webinar here.